The African Democracy Forum (ADF) undertakes to achieve its mission of strengthening democracy and human rights movements in Africa through analysis and evaluation of the developments taking place within the content in conjunction with our members and other stakeholders.
The analysis mainly focuses on:
• elections and party democracy;
• citizen participation in governance;
• presence of a vibrant and active civil society;
• separation of powers in all arms of government;
• independence of the institutions that support democracy such as electoral management bodies and human rights commissions;
These analyses are geared towards informing the ADF in its programs and interventions so as to ensure that they stem from an informed point of view. This is also important for the timely and accurate dissemination of information to our members and other stakeholders and creating awareness on the developing issues around the continent.